For some years fitness and competitive swimmers were using long fins as training aids and because of this the center of effort is forward of the foot, thus causing early fatigue or cramping and encourage a "pedaling" kicking motion, different than that used in a flutter kick.
The concept of the shorter bladed fin was conceived to bring the center of effort back to the foot, and increase leg strength and "muscle memory" while maintaining an elevated heart rate with a kicking motion specific to the flutter kick. Many of the training fins in use today are simply a standard dive fin that has been cut off, leaving a stiff, inflexible blade. Here are the features and advantages of the new DMC original training fins.
- The V channel edge and greater blade width add back the surface area and resistance lost in shortening the fin, while keeping the center of effort close to the foot.
- The silicone composition is of the highest quality material and is soft, flexible, and comfortable. The colours are permanent and will not mark decks or pool surfaces.
- The patented V channel provides even thrust in both directions. The V channel also creates a noticeable "grip" on the water maximizing kick drills results.
- The full-foot pocket design allows minimal protrusion of the toes.
- Universal foot cavity fits either foot.